Ownership of filesystem

From: Anita
Subject: Ownership of filesystem
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 22:26:46 -0500

I got through the installation and down to rebooting in multiuser, but I'm
getting messages that my partition needs to have e2fsck run on it with the
-b switch.  I ran e2fsck on it from Debian and it seems fine.  I'm wondering
if this might have to do with the ownership of the filesystem.  I looked at
the files and they are mostly owned by root.  When I set up the filesystem I
did 'mke2fs -o hurd /dev/hda8' and I untarred it while on the partition
using the same owner switch.  I note that the tarball itself is owned by
root.  Sorry to be so dense, but I was expecting to see the files owned by
hurd.  Is that supposed to be the case?

Thanks,
Anita
--