libthread and libtrivfs

From: James Morrison
Subject: libthread and libtrivfs
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:00:52 -0800 (PST)

 Hi,

 I looked around a bit and libtrivfs is like against libthread,
libports
and other libraries, but multithreaded programs using trivfs still
need
to link agains libthread even though all the symbols are found.  So,
from a comment Roland made while I was looking at python, linking to
libthread initializes cthreads for that executable.  So my question
is:
 Do multithreaded trivfs translators need to be linked against
libthread
because linking to libthread adds the appropriate data to the
executable
to use threads?  And trivfs translators do not need to be explicitly
linked against libports because libports does not add any extra data
into the executable and the symbols found through linking to
libtrivfs is enough?

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone refering this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU