Help with Debian GNU/Linux Installation

From: Narasimhamurthy Giridhar
Subject: Help with Debian GNU/Linux Installation
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:32:23 -0400 (EDT)

hi
I am trying to install Debian GNU/Linux on my comp. I have a few ?s.
1. Can I copy the images of the pakages etc. into CDs and then follow the
CD installation procedure?
2. I want to install vanilla. The installation guide give 4 links under
Linux Kernel- one just says linux, one says compact/linux, another one
says idepci/linux and the fourth says udma66/linux. Is the first one the
vanilla ???
3. I want to install from the CD ROM. Do i need the DOS Installer Batch
Files???
4. Can I write the Rescue Floppy  disk images into a CD and make my comp
bootable from the CD ROM ?? Will it have the same effect as having rescue
floppies.
I really appreciate your help.
Thank You,
Regards
Narasimhamurthy Giri
Clemson University Computer Science Dept.
Judge not lest ye be judged yourself.