Re: Old style C

From: Jonathan Hunt
Subject: Re: Old style C
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 23:29:12 +0800

On Friday 01 June 2001 21:07, you wrote:
> On 2001.06.02 06:12 Jonathan Hunt wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was looking in the oskit-mach sources and a lot of C functions have old
> >
> > style C parameter lists. Just curious, why? Is it:
> >
> > a) Because some people still write C this way
> > b) Old code
> > c) Old compilers are used to build the code
> > d) Some other reason.
>
> How do "old style C parameter lists" look??
>
> bye,
> Ingmar Schuster

Old (I mean REALLY old) style:

zone_t zinit(size, max, alloc, memtype, name)
        vm_size_t       size;           /* the size of an element */
        vm_size_t       max;            /* maximum memory to use */
        vm_size_t       alloc;          /* allocation size */
        unsigned int    memtype;        /* flags specifying type of memory */
        char            *name;          /* a name for the zone */
{
}

New (well not really new):

/* Parameters types are includeded in the parameter list rather than
 * being outside them like the old style. */
void zcram(zone_t zone, vm_offset_t newmem, vm_size_t size)
{
}

Hope this helps,
Jonathan Hunt

--
Jonathan Hunt (The Real Jonathan Hunt) <jhuntnz@users.sf.net>
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."