Re: Bus error after upgrade

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Bus error after upgrade
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 18:09:16 +0100

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 01:57:14PM -0600, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:
> Okay, I installed gnu-latest.tar.gz, then upgraded it with the HURD-D1 CD
> files.  I upgraded libc, gnumach, and hurd.  Before this, my network card
> worked fine.  After upgrading, doing a ping gives a bus error.  Any
> ideas?  The network card is a 3Com EtherLink III PCI.  It was detected as
> a 3Com 3c590 on eth0.

That's still the libnss-db mess, I think. As a work around, remove the db
entries from /etc/nsswitch.conf.

> By the way, is there any way to retrieve boot messages after booting is
> over?

cd /dev
./MAKEDEV klog
cat /dev/klog > /tmp/bootmesg

I think you can make syslog to catch those, or you need to recompile the
current syslog from inetutils CVS, where I know you can.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de