Re: Tulip driver equivlent

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: Tulip driver equivlent
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 08:31:04 -0800

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 11:43:18AM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> > > Is there an equivalent to the Linux Tulip networking driver for the
> > > Intel/Digital 21040/21041/21140/21142/21143 for HURD?  If so, how well
> > > tested is it? (Yeah, I know the whole thing probably isn't tested that
> > > much;
> > > I'm looking for a relative answer).
> >
> > GNU/Mach uses the drivers from Linux 2.0.36.
>
> Actually, since sunday, we have 2.2.17, but only for tulip. *grin*

Is it just a flag for which glue code to use?  IIRC they're pretty
similar but it's not a perfect match.  (I back ported one driver, and
mostly just needed to change the PCI interface, and discard a bunch of
statistics it wanted to produce)

--
No matter how big the bell, if you only tap it, it can give out only a
faint sound.  We must understand thoroughly that the weakness of the blow,