Re: Cygwin bug? Anyone got any ideas?

From: Neal H Walfield
Subject: Re: Cygwin bug? Anyone got any ideas?
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 23:23:13 -0500

> I wonder if it is tar or rsh that's buggy, or cygwin itself. Can anyone
> give me a hand to hack this tar file to get everything unpacked?

I have not used windows in years and never used cygwin. However, it is
critical that user ids and group ids are preserved.  I do not know how
that is going to work dumping to a fat partition.

> Maybe I should burn the tar itself onto a CD, then install it on my
> Linux box, then untar it there, save all untar'd files back onto a CD,
> then somehow install the Hurd on my 486......

Why not install GNU/Linux on your 486 and then install the hurd?

-Neal

--
Neal H Walfield
University of Massachusetts at Lowell