Re: trouble starting X

From: Petros Sidiropoulos
Subject: Re: trouble starting X
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:09:59 +0200

> "Petros Sidiropoulos" <pesid@kav.forthnet.gr> writes:
>
> > While i try to startx an error appear that a file/command mcookie is
> > missed. How can I install correctly this command (I have already
> > download the util.tgz), which command to use and in which format
> > ???.
>
> This program isn't that important, you should be able to start x
> without it. Which errors do you get else? Have you set
> $LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/X11R6/lib before running startx? Also, note
> that there's a bug...only root is able to startx (I don't know if this
> has changed/been fixed in XFree86 4?)

I'm not able to see what screen shows after giving the command startx ,(very
quickly scroll),,and after few seconds only a blank screen. I press C-c to
return to the console, that's it --no X :-(. Is there any way to capture
what the startx command show when i type it?

I HOPE TO START SOMEDAY THE X UNDER HURD, BUT WHEN............
thanks alot
Petros Sidiropoulos
pesid@kav.forthnet.gr
~GRECCE~