Re: Loading Channels from a file

From: Phil Beadling
Subject: Re: Loading Channels from a file
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 11:39:55 +0100

To answer my own question somewhat see below - although I need to think a
bit more my my original approach wasn't good enough - the problem I think
it my own understanding of Guile!

On Sat, 16 Oct 2021 at 22:24, Phil Beadling <phil@beadling.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (define my-channels2 (call-with-input-file (option-ref options 'channel
> #f) read))

Instead of calling read on the file there is a function in (guix ui) called
"load*" which will do the heavy lifting for you:

(define my-channels
  (let ((file (option-ref options 'channel #f)))
    (load* file (make-user-module '((guix channels))))))