Re: Using emacs library with guix environment

From: edk
Subject: Re: Using emacs library with guix environment
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 21:15:54 +0200

Hello !

I'm not sure what the problem is with this particular package, but:
guix environment emacs-commander

will create an env with all you need to BUILD emacs-commander

while

guix environment --ad-hoc emacs-commander

will create an env in which emacs-commander is installed.

Now, if guix environment --ad-hoc emacs-commander doesnt work, it may
mean that one of the native-input of emacs-commander should be an input
or a propagated-input instead. That would explain why

guix environment emacs-commander --ad-hoc emacs-commander

works: because it installs this native-input in the env as well.

I hope this makes sense, if not please ask away.

Cheers,

Edouard.