Re: Certificates in pure and containerized environments

From: Wiktor Żelazny
Subject: Re: Certificates in pure and containerized environments
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 18:45:10 +0200

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 12:08:53PM +0200, Konrad Hinsen wrote:

>    guix environment --pure \
>            --ad-hoc python nss-certs -- \
>            python3 -c 'import urllib.request;
> print(urllib.request.urlopen("http://wwwbis.sidc.be/DATA/uset/Wlight/2003/11/UPH20031109112104.FTS";))'
>
> but this doesn't work - same error as initially.

Hi Konrad,

For some reason, it works for me with

   --ad-hoc python nss-certs guix -- \

. I’m neither sure if this is going to work on all machines (it works
when isolated with

   guix environment -C -N

, so there’s some hope), nor whether this solution is acceptable to you.
Perhaps, it’s abusing Guix. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable will
comment on this.

Bye,

WŻ