Guix pull fails on OS definition

From: phodina
Subject: Guix pull fails on OS definition
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 15:07:30 +0000

Hi Guix,
Till now I've used custom channel for package definition only. However, I want
to add to the channel also the definition for the operating system.

The problem is when I run =guix pull= the command fails. The reason is probaly
due to the newly added configuration file which returns OS as a result. Without
such a file the commands succeeds.

Is there a way to tell Guix not to evaulate such a file?

I looked into the Guix channel and the files are there with the extension tmpl.
That however, didn't help.

In the gnu/system.scm file there is at the end expression with note:
"This is not super elegant but we can't pass SYSTEM and TARGET to
'operating-system-derivation'

So is this the right direction to pursue and dig little bit deeper into the
store-lift function?