Re: clang-12 doesn't contain clang-extra-tools

From: Carlo Zancanaro
Subject: Re: clang-12 doesn't contain clang-extra-tools
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 20:50:57 +1000

Hi Josua!

On Tue, Aug 10 2021, Josua Stingelin wrote:>
As far as I understand, if tools-extra is defined these get installed when installing the 'out'-output of the package.

This is where you're running into problems. The clangd binary is actually installed into the "extra" output of the package. That's what the move procedure is doing in the snippet you quoted.

So basically all this compiles down to: Invoking `guix package --install=clang` should install `clang` as well as `clangd` (among other things). -- Right?

Since clangd is in the "extra" output, you should be able to install it using `guix install clang:extra`. I tried it out with `guix environment --ad-hoc clang@12:extra` and clangd was included in my PATH.

 $ guix environment --ad-hoc clang@12:extra -- which clangd
 /gnu/store/y1mnviajs1qniw0v497z66r5jr1zla9s-profile/bin/clangd

I hope that helps!

Carlo