Re: Best random number generator algorithms to use with `gsl_ran_gaussia

From: Jean-François Caron
Subject: Re: Best random number generator algorithms to use with `gsl_ran_gaussian`
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 13:43:57 -0800

Based on the descriptions in the docs, and since you don't care about speed of
generation, I would recommend ranlxs2 for single-precision and ranlxd2 for
double-precision floats.

Mersenne Twister is a good balance of speed and quality of the randomness (and
large period), while ranlxd2 makes no compromises for speed.

Jean-François