RANLUX++

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: RANLUX++
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 14:49:22 +0000

Hello GSL developers,

over the past months, we (ROOT developers from CERN) created a portable
implementation of RANLUX++, which was first proposed by Alexei Sibidanov in
2017 and uses an LCG equivalent to achieve a much higher luxury level than the
original Ranlux and provides some more advantages (better initialization and
fast skipping). Results from this portable implementation are available in
https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.02504 and already shipping with the latest release
of ROOT.

For wider distribution and ease of use, we would like to also contribute this
generator to GSL and have already written the necessary plumbing code to
integrate with the GSL interfaces. It is currently available at my GitHub:
https://github.com/hahnjo/ranluxpp

Could you let us know what the next steps would be? Shall we submit a patch for
integration into GSL or do we have to be added to the list of
"Extensions/Applications" first?

Kind regards
Jonas