Re: subscribe

From: Martin Jansche
Subject: Re: subscribe
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 16:20:54 +0100

At a quick glance, this seems to be a problem with CMake not being able to
find GSL in its installed location. In other words, there is no evidence
that this is a problem with GSL itself, but rather it seems to be an issue
in your build setup. I'm not familiar with best practices on Windows, but
if I had to debug I would start by compiling directly without the help of
CMake. So you need to figure out two steps: (1) Can you compile your test
program with your include path set up so that your compiler/preprocessor
can correctly include the GSL header files? (2) Can you link your test
executable with the library path set up so that your compiler/linker can
correctly link in the GSL library and any necessary dependencies such as
gslcblas and/or the standard math library? If you get these to work
manually, you'll have proof positive that this is not a GSL problem. Then
you'll have to figure out how to tell CMake to look for GSL in the
appropriate location. That's something you may want to take up on a forum
that deals specifically with building with CMake for Windows.

Hope this helps,
-- mj