Re: Using matrix decompositions

From: Patrick Alken
Subject: Re: Using matrix decompositions
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 09:59:20 -0700

Hello,

  There are 2 interfaces for the QR decomposition, the original
interface which uses Level-2 BLAS, and a recently added interface using
Level-3 BLAS (_r suffix to function names). In both cases, there is an
"unpack" function to extract the Q matrix:

gsl_linalg_QR_unpack
gsl_linalg_QR_unpack_r

The R matrix is always stored in the upper triangle of the input matrix
(A) by the QR_decomp routines.

In most applications, you never need to actually construct the full Q
matrix itself. If you describe more about what you want to do, or post
your source code, we can probably help more.

Thanks,
Patrick