Help with histogram

From: Simone Landini
Subject: Help with histogram
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 00:42:47 +0200

Dear everyone,

I have Montecarlo simulated a "double DR[B]" array of B=10^6 (strictly)-positive real numbers: my code does precisely what I want, I checked it analytcally.

Now, I would like to obtain a histogram of DR with a "int numOfBins = 500" bins. Of course, I can print DR to a file and plot a histogram with a statistical package but I would like to learn more about GLS.

I went through the documentation but I wasn't able to obtain the result: as a GSL-beginner I surely missed something of the GSL fundamental rules.

Could you please help me understanding how to correctly obtain the histogram and estimate some q-percentile of it?

Bye

Simone