Re: changing the version of the gsl

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: changing the version of the gsl
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 10:26:40 -0600

Your problem is with the other software, so you might get better advice
by posting to their mailing list. This list can help you with gsl
issues. For example, uninstalling gsl completely or managing versions of
libraries is an Ubuntu topic.

But to answer your question about gsl, does this tutorial help?
https://coral.ise.lehigh.edu/jild13/2016/07/11/hello/

To follow this tutorial, you have to understand a little what you are
doing. For example, "gsl-*.*" does not mean that literal string with the
asterisks. It means "gsl-2.6" because 2.6 is the current stable version
(which I deduced by browsing the FTP site and then verifying here:
https://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/ ). That's assuming you want the latest
GSL, which you probably do but "not compatible" could mean that your
other software wants a specific version.

If you get errors when you download or make gsl, it would be appropriate
to ask about them here.

The last step is to make your other software use this GSL. I have no
idea how to do this; it may be as simple as editing the Makefile of the
software you are trying to compile. It might be a lot more complicated.

-Alan

--

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

http://www.alanmead.org

Philosophy of science is about as useful to scientists as
ornithology is to birds.

-- Richard Feynman