Re: [Help-gsl] Interrupting and then resuming minimization

From: Pedro Gardete
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Interrupting and then resuming minimization
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 22:29:52 -0700

Thank you. In my application, it's important that I get to the same local
minimum as if I hadn't stopped the minimizer. I believe saving x only won't
do the trick.

I've been trying to stop/resume the minimizer by saving the object
gsl_multimin_fminimizer, including its "void *state" pointer. Then, once I
resume, I load up all of the relevant fields. However, I think the
following command fails (which I found in fminimizer.c), probably because
of something wrong while saving/loading s->state.

(s->type->set) (s->state, s->f, s->x, &(s->size), step_size);

where s is the gsl_multimin_fminimizer object.

Thanks again.