[Help-gsl] Windows Native NUGET update decision for GSL 2.5

From: Robert Pancoast
Subject: [Help-gsl] Windows Native NUGET update decision for GSL 2.5
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2018 14:36:22 -0500

 Greetings,

 I write seeking direction and feedback from the community about use
of GSL on Windows machines. Currently, there exists two GitHub
repositories on
https://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/extras/native_win_builds.html that
offer native build for Windows using MSVC. In past efforts, I have
created two separate NUGET distributions each with two architectures
(gsl-msvc14 and gsl-msvc). The former, (gsl-msvc14-x86 and
gsl-msvc14-x64) listed on the GSL website include release of GSL 2.3
for Visual Studio 2015 built using the CMAKE build from
https://github.com/ampl/gsl. The latest version (gsl-msvc-x86 and
gsl-msvc-x64) built using https://github.com/BrianGladman/gsl for GSL
2.4 with the Visual Studio 2017 toolchain are now outdated. I prefer
to leave the (gsl-msvc14-x86 and gsl-msvc14-x64) as a release of GSL
2.3 for Visual Studio 2015 for legacy systems that need MSVC14.

Moving forward with GSL 2.5 NUGET release, please update the GSL
native Windows website
(https://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/extras/native_win_builds.html) to
link to https://www.nuget.org/packages/gsl-msvc-x86/ and
https://www.nuget.org/packages/gsl-msvc-x64/. The decision point is