[Help-gsl] Question from a student

From: Fedor Goncharov
Subject: [Help-gsl] Question from a student
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2018 14:55:13 +0200

Dear Team who work on GSL,
First of all I would like to thank you for this project, which I use in my
work
in my phd thesis. I work in Ecole Polytechnique in France on the topic of
tomography.
Me and my supervisor work in particular work on tomography in 3d (in 3
dimensions,
thought it is usually done in 2 dimensions) and on implementation of new
algorithms.
http://www.cmap.polytechnique.fr/~fedor.goncharov/

To code them I use a bit of GSL and I'm happy that native C in linux
distributions have this library
installed. My question, or suggestion, would be implementation in GSL of
interpolations in
3D (trlinear, for example).

It is easy to realize interpolation in 3D by hand having already 2D
interpolations from GSL, but
having these commands inside the library will look more natural. Especially
because
all these numerical procedures are often used in numerical analysis in
dimensions 1, 2, 3.

p.s. Sorry that I don't propose my help, since I don't have much time
already working on thesis.

All best,
Fedor Goncharov