Re: [Help-gsl] Building GSL

From: Dominic Steinitz
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Building GSL
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 12:04:52 +0000

Hi Peter,

Thanks very much for replying.

I think there must be some assumption about where things like autoconf live as
I had this problem when I installed the build tools via nix but not via
homebrew (nix-env -i autoconf vs brew install autoconf).

In the end I managed to get nix to build gsl with this in my shell.nix

> { nixpkgs ? import <nixpkgs> { overlays = [(self: super: {gsl =
> super.gsl.overrideAttrs (o: {CFLAGS = "-DDEBUG -O3";});})]; }
> , compiler ? "ghc822"
> , doBenchmark ? false }:

A bit simpler than the instructions in HACKING I think 😀 - I am leaving it here
in case anyone else is searching for how to build gsl via nix.

Maybe I should create a PR to add this to the HACKING instructions?

Dominic Steinitz
address@hidden
http://idontgetoutmuch.wordpress.com
Twitter: @idontgetoutmuch