Re: [Help-gsl] CMake build support for GSL

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] CMake build support for GSL
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 10:29:46 -0700

Sorry, I thought you were talking about build configuration directories,
not the install directories. I've added an option GSL_INSTALL_MULTI_CONFIG
here:
https://github.com/ampl/gsl/commit/0cf47581583de7ed4ee1cf0a095066af0d2f97d1.
When turned ON, this option tells CMake to install libraries under
${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/${CONFIG}. It is OFF by default to follow standard
conventions.

As for dynamic (shared) libraries, on Linux and Mac it is as simple as
adding SHARED to add_library:

  add_library(gsl SHARED ${GSL_SOURCES})

On Windows, it is not that simple, because exported symbols should either
be declared with __declspec(dllexport) or exported via a .def file. As far
as I can see, GSL only declares variables, but not functions,
with __declspec(dllexport) if GSL_DLL and DLL_EXPORT are defined. And I
don't see any .def files either.

Best regards,
Victor

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 1:40 AM, Nagy-Egri Máté Ferenc <address@hidden