Re: [Help-gsl] Usage of GSL random in parallel code [OpenMP]

From: Klaus Huthmacher
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Usage of GSL random in parallel code [OpenMP]
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 09:08:54 +0200

Dear Rhys,

sorry, but I do not get your point. Could you elaborate on it in more detail?

Furthermore, I do not fully get what Altro is doing. I have the impression
that he is calculating the random numbers in advance.

That is what I do 'not' suggest with my C++11 wrapper but simply make the
random number generator available to each thread seeded differently.

So, finally, if the main part of the calculating in Altros code happens in
the for lopp, why not directly initialize the random number generator
there, see the appended minimal example 'me-altro.c'

Best wishes and keep uns informed,
-- Klaus.