Re: [Help-gsl] libraries without installation

From: Khoa Tran
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] libraries without installation
Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 05:29:23 +0000

Dear Vincenzo,

I’m no more experienced than you but I hope I can share some insight.

First, I think you obviously need to install the libraries mentioned since they
are needed. Once you compile the c-code into a mex file then any necessary
function would be embedded in your mex file too. So your user in Matlab would
not need to install these libraries. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

Second, as far as the mex interface goes, I think there should be no conflict
between these libraries and the mex interface. The primal goal of the interface
should be only to pass data between Matlab and C formats only. So I am not sure
why you would not want to install the libraries.

Third, I think it is totally possible to write your software without using
those libraries, but I guess that would be a huge task for you since we don’t
know the language that well.

I hope it clears up some of your concerns!

Best regards!
Khoa.
Graduate student
Research on MCMC for System Identification.
Engineering and Built Environment
The University of Newcastle, Australia.
address@hidden