Re: [Help-gsl] Request function for library version string

From: Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Request function for library version string
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 16:34:11 -0600

Jerome and Patrick,

Thank you.  I am not much of a C programmer, but my understanding is
that using gsl_version from gsl/gsl_version.h would result in the
version string associated with gsl/gsl_version.h at compile time.  My
problem is that in a complicated group environment, I need to identify
the version of the current shared library at run time.  Thus it seems
that an inquiry function is needed.  Am I missing something?

--Dave