[Help-gsl] gsl optimization precision

From: Jingchen Feng
Subject: [Help-gsl] gsl optimization precision
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 21:48:47 -0500

Hi,
I am using gsl to do optimization. The problem is I want the precision to be
high. When I set the stop criteria to be:
status= gsl_multimin_test_gradient(s->gradient,1e-8);

I always get an error code, which tells the value of function can't be improved
any more. After debugging for a whole day, I think the problem is the type of
function return value is 'double', which limits the precision. However, It
seems that gsl does not allow a long double return function to be optimized. Is
there any way to solve this problem?

Thanks!