[Help-gsl] install GSL on windows/Visual Studio

From: Hui Liang
Subject: [Help-gsl] install GSL on windows/Visual Studio
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 22:12:15 -0400

Dear GSL,

Currently, I want to use the GSL library with my Win7 computer with visual
studio.

I tried following steps, but it does not work. Could you help me with that
by giving me more instruction in details?
Thanks.
(the error is:1>libgsl.a(specfunc_bessel.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol _hypot referenced in function
_gsl_sf_bessel_Inu_scaled_asymp_unif_e
1>C:\Users\Eva\Documents\Visual Studio
2010\Projects\test0701\Debug\test0701.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1
unresolved externals)

Best,
Hui LIANG

Financial Engineering and Applied Statistics Master student, U of Michigan

1. Within VisualStudio, go to File->New->Project, then "Visual C++
Projects," then "Win32," then "Win32 Console Application." Enter a name and
click "OK." On the next screen click "Finish."

2. In the "Solution Explorer," right click on the name of your project and
go to "Properties."

3. Under Configuration Properties->Linker->General->Additional Library
Directories, type in "C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\lib"

4. Under Configuration Properties->Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies,
type in "libgslcblas.a libgsl.a"

5. Under Configuration Properties->C/C++->General->Additional Include
Directories, type in "C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\include"

6. Under Configuration Properties->C/C++->Code Generation->Runtime
Library,select "Multi-threaded DLL"