Re: [Help-gsl] Multiple precision GSL?

From: Timothy M Curtin
Subject: Re: [Help-gsl] Multiple precision GSL?
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 15:01:57 -0400

Removal instructions?

Regards,

-Tim Curtin

Custom Logic Test Engineering
IBM Microelectronics Division
1000 River St - 963G
Essex Junction, Vermont 05452
(802)769-2791 (T/L: 446)
email: address@hidden

 - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Mother nature called - she wants to wrestle.  www.GMARA.org

From:   Marco Maggi <address@hidden>
To:     PAU ROLDAN <address@hidden>
Cc:     address@hidden
Date:   06/07/2012 02:36 PM
Sent by:        address@hidden

PAU ROLDAN wrote:
> are you aware  of any multiple-precision implementation of
> the GSL library, or something close to it?

  No, but if C++ libraries  are acceptable to you: there are
projects  implementing some  linear algebra  on customisable
number types.  Today I recall only this:

             <http://mplapack.sourceforge.net/>

> The MPFR website is listing

>    "The  MPGSL (Multiple Precision  GSL), a  collection of
> routines  for  numerical  computing.  This  is  a  partial
> rewrite of the GSL using MPFR, by Marco Maggi."

> but this project seems to be dead.

  I closed the project because nobody was interested in it.

> I guess I  could try to port the  GSL routines myself (I'm
> just using  a handful of them),  but I am  trying to avoid
> re-inventing the wheel, plus  it is probably not a trivial
> task.

  It is really much work (at least for a single person) even
if you have multiple-precision linear algebra routines.

HTH
--
Marco Maggi