Re: GRUB2 PXE chainloading and EFI handles

From: Randy Goldenberg
Subject: Re: GRUB2 PXE chainloading and EFI handles
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 12:02:55 -0700

My understanding is that your boot process requires two network boots, and
the second one fails.

I don't know what's involved in "looking up some EFI handles", but if the
reason for the failure is that necessary files are not available to the
loader, wimboot may help.

https://ipxe.org/wimboot

Although wimboot was created to enable network boot into Windows, it can be
used as general utility for loading files into what amounts to a ramdisk.

If the reason for the failure is that there is no longer an  EFI
application capable of netboot in memory, iPXE may help.

https://ipxe.org/

https://ipxe.org/cmd/chain