GRUB install issue

From: Guillaume Tétart
Subject: GRUB install issue
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 19:04:47 +0100

Hi sir,

I've been trying to install Ubuntu 22.04, or Mint 21.3, on an HP xw4400
computer for some time now. This PC is note designed for UEFI technology,
so no EFI partition …

The configuration is as follows:
• two 500GB hard drives ;
• 8MB of RAM ;
• sata-Raid0 enabled ;
• all of the two disks integrated into the Raid, i.e. a volume of 1TB ;

I first install the distribution, Ubuntu or Mint, then a boot repair before
restarting the PC. Attached you will find two screenshots corresponding to
both installations restart. My computer skills do not go beyond ...
Here are also the two links to the corresponding pastebins :
• https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/R9jptsVxWt ;
• http://sprunge.us/EZSqz0 ;

can you please explain to me what is wrong ?
Is it even possible to install these two distributions on an old sata-Raid ?

I installed a Linux Mint 19.1 distribution last year on an HP xw4300 (32
bit), I had to use boot-repair once ; everything works normally...
I can also send you the corresponding boot-info.

We use several of these PCs within a non-profit association, you would do
us a great service if you could give us the solution. The purpose of using
sata-Raid0 is to work in dual boot, and to recover some performance
(read-write) on these old machines...

Yours sincerely,