Handle errors when booting

From: Mathias Radtke
Subject: Handle errors when booting
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 11:14:49 +0000

Hi,

I currently have a little headache with an issue.
I have a device that gets the following part of grub.cfg

    search --no-floppy --file --set=bootable_efi
/EFI/MICROSOFT/BOOT/BOOTMGFW.EFI

    if [ -n "${bootable_efi}" ]; then

        menuentry "Local Disk" --class unknown {

            set root="${bootable_efi}"

            chainloader /EFI/MICROSOFT/BOOT/BOOTMGFW.EFI

            boot

        }

This leads to an error "error: loader/efi/chainloader.c:733not a valid root
device."
Is there any way to kind of work around that error and run an "exit" command if
an error occours?

Regards
Mathias

Mathias Radtke
Software Developer

uib GmbH
Bonifaziusplatz 1B
55118 Mainz

E-Mail: m.radtke@uib.de <mailto:m.radtke@uib.de>
Telefon: +49 6131 27561 0

https://uib.de
https://opsi.org

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Mainz
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Mainz HRB 6942
Geschäftsführer: Erol Ülükmen
USt-IdNr.: DE 203 394 450

Save the Date: opsiConf in Mainz am 09. & 10. Juli 2024!
Die Voranmeldung ist bereits eröffnet. opsi.org/opsiconf/