Fwd: Loading multiboot failed

From: Markbiophysicist
Subject: Fwd: Loading multiboot failed
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 00:05:06 +0100

Hi,

I can't understand is why an operative system is installed in UEFI mode and
another in legacy mode. The one that is installed in UEFI mode is Windows,
but Kali cannot be installed in UEFI mode. I can't find the right option. I
have to create another USB to fix this problem. However, a while ago I had
Windows and Debian installed with dual boot without having any installation
problems.

There must be some way to have the bootloader properly installed. At the
moment I boot from the UEFI boot menu. I attach a screenshot where you can
see the startup options that the machine offers me. If I choose P4, it
starts Kali Linux (with installed Grub). If I choose Windows Boot Manager
(P1), it starts Windows 10. If I choose only P1, it starts Kali Linux
(same). The grub has an item for booting from Windows created manually by
me, but this one isn't working.

If I prove to install Kali again to take advantage from os-probe during the
installation process, I get an error. This throws it even though I have
passed the partitioned process without any trouble.

It seems to get installed the multiboot system without errors, surely I
would have to erase all my disks and applying a new format to them again.
And that is not possible by now.

Please, some idea to resolve it.

Thanks for your attention.