AW: Verify the signature of OSes (for SB)

From: Mathias Radtke
Subject: AW: Verify the signature of OSes (for SB)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 05:40:18 +0000

Hi,

So, how can I set up grub in a way that I can:
1) boot with secure boot enable to the grub menu

You would need to import your key into the SecureBoot Database in your machines
UEFI.
This way your system knows this signature is valid.
The official way would be to build a shim with your PubCert inside and let it
sign by Microsoft so you can get an officially verified shim that can start
your own signed grub. This way is a very long route and involves a review
process. As you are using it solely for yourself you don't need it.

Regards

Mathias