Halt after writing "GRUB "

From: alex_holzer
Subject: Halt after writing "GRUB "
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 17:59:27 +0000

Hello,

suddenly my Gentoo box does not boot any more. It halts after Grub
(grub-2.06-r9) wrote "GRUB ". Capslock and Numlock still work.

I booted from a rescue stick and chrooted into the system. I manually
ran grub-install to the SSD and grub-mkconfig to the boot partition without
success.

Does grub need busybox? Portage suggested to remove busybox. So I did.

What is wrong or what is missing when the box halts after writing "GRUB "?
How can I get my box boot again?

Thanks!

Alexander