Re: USB pl2303 serial adaptor

From: Dan Tidswell
Subject: Re: USB pl2303 serial adaptor
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 09:45:25 +0100

I've possibly made some progress booting UEFI:

> insmod usbserial_pl2303

Creates a new serial device called serial_com0

> terminal_output
Active output terminals:
console
Available output terminals:
gfxterm spkmodem serial serial_com0

I then add serial_com0 to terminal_input and terminal_output

> termial_input --append serial_com0; termial_output --append serial_com0

But there is no activity on the serial port.

lsmod shows that usbserial_pl2303 has loaded usbserial and usbserial_common
as dependencies as expected.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can debug this further?

Many thanks

Dan