USB pl2303 serial adaptor

From: Dan Tidswell
Subject: USB pl2303 serial adaptor
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 14:07:43 +0100

Can anyone offer guidance on how to configure GRUB2 to recognise my pl2303
USB serial adaptor?

I'm confused as to what steps to take and whether it is easier to boot UEFI
or legacy mode (I can do either).

My dongle has the same vendor and device ID as coded
into grub-core/bus/usb/serial/pl2303.c
0x2303 0x067b

Searching this list I found a post that suggests these commands:

insmod uhci
serial usb0 --speed=9600
terminal_input serial_usb0; terminal_output serial_usb0

However 'insmod uhci' seems to break disk access, and 'usb' doesn't list
any devices.

Many thanks

Dan