Override a corrupt EDID information

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: Override a corrupt EDID information
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 17:03:05 +0300

Hello, all

Is there a way in GRUB2 to force the desired videomode,
overriding a broken EDID information, as reported by
`videoinfo'?  I have successfully overriden it when booting
Linux itself by generating the required EDID binary and
specifying it via kernel modesetting.  Can I do the same for
GRUB2, to have a nice sharp menu in the native resolution in
the boot menu as well?

>From the documentation, it seem impossible, and then I
should ask you to please consider implementing a
GFX_OVERRIDE_EDID setting letting the user to specify their
own EDID info.