Re: Problem with dual boot menu.

From: Jibun no Kage .
Subject: Re: Problem with dual boot menu.
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 07:11:34 -0700

When I do a dual boot setup, (not Secure Boot or TPM enabled), I find it easier to just install Windows, then if using the same physical disk for both OSes, just to shrink the Windows OS partition, to create space on the given disk for Linux OS. If using two disks, even easier. Then install Linux (usually Debian), and let the Linux installer find the existing Windows OS install and let GRUB setup build the default menu system. Done this several times with no issues. This avoids use of editing BCD configuration, and I find the GRUB configuration easier to understand and change, and yes, I often use Grub customizer in Linux of I happen to install a desktop environment on the Linux side. Practicing this approach via a virtual machine is a good idea as well.

-Jnk