help-gnu-arch

Re: [Help-gnu-arch] Checking In...

From: Tobias C. Rittweiler
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-arch] Checking In...
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 20:49:05 +0200

On Thursday, September 11, 2003 at 5:05:42 PM,
    Paul Snively <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 09:57  AM, Tom Lord wrote:
>

> > > From: Paul Snively <address@hidden>
> >
> > > So do I take from the radio silence here that the suggestions for RFC
> > > 1740 and ZeroConf aren't perceived as good?

You wrote to the wrong list. At the moment gnu-arch-users is _the_ place
for discussion about every kind anyhow related to arch (and the palette
is really large :-)).

I'm sure you'll get feedback there!

> And I mentioned a use-case that I think is quite reasonable: a bunch of
> hackers walk into a conference hall with their 802.11[whatever]
> laptops. If they had ZeroConf and an appropriately-extended arch, they
> could immediately do "tla archives" and see all the archives in the
> hall. It's a small thing, perhaps. On the other hand, it sure beats
> going around to N thousand attendees and saying "Do you have an
> archive? What's your IP address?"

I personally like this idea. Especially for hacking events such as
CCC-Congress, CCC-Camp, Linuxtag, Fosdem etc.

-- tcr (address@hidden)  ``Ho chresim'eidos uch ho poll'eidos sophos''