help-gnat

problem with 64 bits binary

From: jerome duquennoy
Subject: problem with 64 bits binary
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:31:14 +0200

Hello,

I have a serious problem with gnat on solaris 9 :

I need to compile my code in 64bits mode.
So, in the gpr file, I added the m64 and RTS=rts-m64 options.
The RTS=rts-m64 don't seem to work, I had to export ADA_INCLUDE_PATH and ADA_OBJECTS_PATH to be able to link my soft.

Now, my code is compiled in 64 bits, and the executable linked. It is seen by the OS as a 64bits sparcv9 binary :

bash-2.05$ file factory
factory:        ELF 64-bit MSB executable SPARCV9 Version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped

But when I launch the binary, it immediately crashes (core dump).

GDB told me it crashed on b~factory.adb, line 2152 :

0x0000000100434ea4 in main (argc=0, argv=(system.address) 0x0, envp=(system.address) 0x0) at b~factory.adb:2152
2152       function main

This line is :

2152:   function main
2153:     (argc : Integer;
2154:      argv : System.Address;
2155:      envp : System.Address)
2156:      return Integer

How can a program crash on the main function header ???
Can the binary code be invalid ?

The 32 bit version executes fine on the same OS, compiled with the same version of gnat (GNAT Pro 5.04a1).

Thanks for your help !