[help-GIFT] Need a Help plz Regards GIFT program

From: Aya Naguib
Subject: [help-GIFT] Need a Help plz Regards GIFT program
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 17:22:20 +0000

After Greetings and Respect Sir,

I want your help please about GIFT, as I am a new developer wanted to work on GIFT platform to develope a CBIR system using it for medical images.
My problem is that I can't find a forum for developers on GIFT to have the ability to gain inf. and knowledge from developers' questions on GIFT also I can't find a Getting started doc. to help me make my first steps on GIFT.
Another questions:
1. Can I work by GIFT platform on windows vista and set it up?
2. I download GIFT program from here  "ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gift/"      ("gift-0.1.11.tar.gz"    and    "gift-0.1.11.tar.gz.sig") but when I extract the first file I couldn't find any setup icon...... so  can you please tell me the program source that I can set up GIFT program from??
3. Actually, I search about GIFT but I coudn't exactly determine its capabilities regards features extraction stage and if I can edite or work at this stage or it is like a black box in this stage??

Sorry for this long mail Sir
Thanks So much,

Aya Naguib