Re: [help-GIFT] GNU CBIR Question

From: Henning müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] GNU CBIR Question
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 15:53:07 +0200

Hi Chris,

to the best of my knowledge there is no good pdf documentation on how to install and maintain GIFT. It is a research tool and often requires a bit of work to make it work. Looking at older articles of the Viper project will give you a good idea about the system:
http://vision.unige.ch/publications/postscript/99/SquireMuellerMuellerRaki_scia99.ps.gz

It was developed on Linux and I know that at least some versions compiled on Mac. I am not aware of a windows version.

GIFT is best run on a machine with a web server as most user interfaces are web-based and images are addressed as URLs. Still, you could also build a stand-alone version without the use of a web server.

Kind regards, Henning