Re: [help-GIFT] How to make a algorithm selection

From: David Squire
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] How to make a algorithm selection
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 12:37:17 +1000

On 17/05/11 8:59 PM, zhigao pu wrote:
Hi David,

    I found in your Perl client, it is able to select a algorithm from a list.

    I also want to make a selection of algorithms like filtering by color only, by texture only, and by combination of color and texture.  Can you tell me how I can achieve this?
    Should this be done by using gift-add-collection.pl, or by running gift server, or make any configuration changes?

You need to edit $GIFT_HOME/gift-config.mrml

This is beyond basic use though.

    By the way, by using GIFT, can we match images by color, pattern, and shape separately? or a combination of two or three of these three criteria/

GIFT has no shape features. You need to read the original Viper papers to understand the colour and texture features that GIFT uses. See the 1999-2000 papers at http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~davids/publications/, for example.

--
Dr David McG. Squire,  Senior Lecturer
Clayton School of Information Technology, Monash University, Australia