Re: [help-GIFT] 'Missing' script too old or missing

From: Müller , Wolfgang
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] 'Missing' script too old or missing
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:11:24 +0100

AFAIR, missing is a script from the GNU auto tools.

fuiteen: What's your setup? What version of which GNU/Linux distro? What kind of machine?

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Henning Müller <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I think that you need to install a C compiler on your Linux.

Cheers, Henning

fuiteen wrote:
Hi, I am currently doing a research on image processing and I wish to install the gift software but unfortunately I am receiving this error. Can anyone help me with this? I have tried many times but also received the same error.

checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/ginstall -c
/jack/Desktop/gift-0.1.14/missing: Unknown `--run' option
Try `/jack/Desktop/gift-0.1.14/missing --help' for more information
configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.

Regards,
Jaimie, FuiTeen