Re: [help-GIFT] install GIFT

From: Henning Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] install GIFT
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 07:46:32 +0100

Dear Rahayu,

I have never used the Ubuntu package, so it is hard for me to reproduce the error. The gnuift package might not contain the latest version.

If you feel able to use the latest version from the GNU subversion, then compiling it on your machine manually might work better.

Cheers, Henning

Rahayu A Hamid wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to Linux and I need to install GIFT on my machine. I've looked at
previous listings on downloading and installing GIFT..even tried them..but
doesn't seen to work...not sure why.

I'm using Ubuntu and installed gnuift package from the package manager..but,
when I typed

sudo apt-get gnuift , I got the following

E: Invalid operation gnuift

Really appreciate the help...thanks in advance