Re: Re: [help-GIFT] rpm packages

From: Xin Zhou
Subject: Re: Re: [help-GIFT] rpm packages
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:32:01 +0100

Hello,

Yes, it is fairly old. And 0.1.6 is surely not the lastest version.
Here is a version that we use. You can share it :

http://medgift.unige.ch/gift-prerequisites-0.11.tar.gz
http://medgift.unige.ch/gift-0.1.15b.tar

cheers, Xin

Neil Dombrowski wrote:
My apologies, I did find gift-0.1.6pre3.tgz. I noticed that the
timestamps on the ftp site all seem to be a couple years old, are these
the latest versions?

Thanks,
    Neil

Neil Dombrowski wrote:
> I've looked in ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gift/ but I don't see the
> pre-requisite packages. Is there another location where I should be
> grabbing the source?
>
> Thanks,
> Neil
>

> Xin ZHOU wrote:
>> Hi, Neil,
>>
>> As far as I know, there is no rpm or deb packages.
>> The only way is to compile the source.
>>
>> But luckily it is not too difficult.
>>
>> There is just one thing might block you.
>> Please be sure that you installed the pre-requis modules.
>> They are in the same folder of source code packages.
>>
>> Good luck.
>>
>> cheers, Xin
>>> Message: 1
>>> Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 16:31:13 -0600
>>> From: Neil Dombrowski <address@hidden>
>>> Subject: [help-GIFT] rpm packages
>>> To: address@hidden
>>>
>>> I've been asked to install GIFT on some servers, and our policy is to
>>> use rpms for installation. I haven't found any GIFT rpms, I was
>>> wondering if there are any out there? If anyone has a .spec file I
>>> could try building it.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Neil

| Neil Dombrowski |