Re: [help-GIFT] rpm packages

From: Neil Dombrowski
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] rpm packages
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:16:58 -0600

Looking on my Ubuntu workstation I do see that there's a gnuift 0.1.14-7 in the repository. I also noticed on the 'net that there's a program called alien that's supposed to be able to convert deb to rpm; perhaps I can try that.

I don't think compiling gnuift would be a problem for me; it's making the rpm which I'm not sure about( without having a .spec file already).

At any rate, I'll update when I get something going.

Thanks,
     Neil

Wolfgang Müller wrote:
I think there are GNUIFT packages for Debian. How ever I do not know the quality. Check, and if you have problems with those, please get back to us quickly.