Re: [help-GIFT] Using GIFT

From: Henning Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Using GIFT
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:09:36 +0200

This error should at least not occur if you simply add another file extension to the list in gift-add-collection.pl.

Either when copy/pastins omthing a wrong character was added or it is indeed the editor. I would recommand xemacs or vi instead of using a full word processor.

Did you edit the file on Linux?

Cheers, Henning

address@hidden wrote:
Ah, and before anyone answers this again:

The error is: Unrecognized character \xBF in column 29 at
./gift-add-collection.pl line 385.

$lName=~m�\.([^\.]*)$�;

I think that the problem is an encoding problem that was generated when saving
the file. I guess the editor was a bit too intelligent.

Henning and others, do you agree with this view?

Best,

 Henning Müller (PhD)
 University & Hospitals of Geneva
 Service of Medical Informatics